Thursday, December 2, 2010

Simple Gestures of Kindness Leave the Biggest Impressions

Today I witness a small act done by a business that impressed me so much that I would like to share it with you;
I was standing in line picking up an order of frames. When I man came in to pick up a special request he had called in early. When he went to pay for the wood piece he had requested the man at the counter handed him the piece & said no worries it's on us.  It caught him of guard, he was speechless for a minute by this simple gesture. He then thanked the men & went on his way.
They had never done business with this man. They didn't owe him anything. But yet they spent the time to cut this wood piece out for him & didn't charge him a penny for there time. I'm not sure who was more impressed by this gesture the man or me. It made me proud to do business with them. Who new such a simple gesture could make such a big impression.


So a big THANK YOU to the Men over at Best Woods in Orem, Utah for proving that people still care & for making me want to be a better person. Let's all do our part and share these simple gestures of kindness without expecting anything in return.

Thanks,
Jen

Have you ever witnessed a simple gesture of kindness that impress you?
I would love to here about it.


P.S. Don't Forget to enter to win a $25.00 Gift Certificate in the post below. Contest ends Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I had taken our two oldest kids to a Coyotes hockey game not too long ago. The "cheer leaders" came out to throw t-shirts into the stands and my kids really wanted one. BAD. Unfortunately, we weren't in the right section and they didn't get shirts. When the game was over we stood up to leave and the gentleman in front of us turned around and handed me $50 to go buy our kids t-shirts at the Team Shop.

    Nothing like that has ever happened to me and it really touched me. I hope to be able to do something similar some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing you story. I love to hear that those kinds of people are out there still.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...